Monday, April 6, 2009

NFL Writer Advocates for Walkable Communities?

Yep, you read that one right. It appears that well-known Sports Illustrated writer and television personality Peter King is clicking with his new walkable life.

Now, I wouldn't sign him up for the CNU just yet but sometimes you find accidental allies in the most curious places.

From his weekly NFL column:
Aggravating/Enjoyable Travel Note of the Week
Stayed close to home this week. But I'm finding something interesting about city life. (For those who don't know, my wife and I moved to Boston a month ago, and we're still settling in. Enjoying it a lot so far.) From last Monday morning to Sunday night , I drove my car once, two miles to the Home Depot. That's it. I wonder if I need a car. I suppose I'll need one as time goes on, but I miss nothing about driving. Walking is good.