Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My How Things Are Changing...

...this morning I was able to stop by Starbucks for a cup of coffee on the way into the office.

I had a few extra minutes so I grabbed a New York Times and settled in with my Pike Place blend (tall, no sugar, light cream).

As I was reading today's NYT, it struck me: the mainstream media is now sounding like Daily Sprawl. Consider these articles from Tuesday's issue:

Auto industry--how viable will it remain?

Trucking industry faces major problems

Foreclosures creating huge problems for neighborhoods

Airlines facing fuel costs that fundamentally don't work with their business model

And, these were just a few--from today alone.

The reality check? Well, its quite simple: things are changing and they are doing so much more quickly than even us Daily Sprawl types anticipated.

Be ready.